The new year is already a week old and most of us have returned to our jobs and are back in the rat race!

Patrik and I spent Christmas in Sweden with his family. We flew on December 23rd to Copenhagen and from there by train and ferry to Helsingborg.

After five we finally arrived at the beautiful Vault Hotel! And what an amazing hotel it is, we were literally taken aback! Not only the hotel itself is fantastic, but the friendliness of the staff was outstanding too! LOVED ALL OF IT 100%  💖

The next day we strolled around town for a bit, but sadly it was freezing cold (no snow at least).

We spent Christmas eve with Patrik’s parents, who live nearby. It was lovely and cozy and we enjoyed each-others company, since it was quite a while we saw them.

Around 11 p.m. we were back at the hotel, tired but happy!

On the 25th Patrik’s friend Lars drove down from Gothenburg. Actually, my girlfriend Mia and her husband Lars (another one 😉) should have joined us as well, but he had some health problems a few days before, so sadly they skipped the trip 😥

Lars arrived at the hotel in the evening and we went out for dinner at a Lebanese restaurant, with a lot of blablabla 😊

Unfortunately, I caught the flu over night and stayed in bed the next day, while Patrik and Lars visited a huge shopping mall *bugger*. At least I could make some tea and the bed was VERY comfortable. But what a shitty situation, having to spend your holidays sick in bed! 🤧

In the evening Lars had to do some work and, actually, Patrik and I were invited for dinner again at his parents. Well, he went of course, while I spent the evening coughing, freezing and dozing in our room….

The 27th arrived and I didn’t feel better. Patrik had bought some drugs for me, but it didn’t seem they helped quick enough, damn! In the evening we were invited at Patrik’s sisters house in order to celebrate a belated Christmas with them. Her husband was also sick before the holidays started, and she caught pneumonia! That’s why we couldn’t meet on the 24th.

But meanwhile they felt much better and weren’t infectious anymore.

I wasn’t sure about myself, though! Everyone wanted me to come, since we would fly home again the next day. But how smart was it to eventually give my flu to someone and/or I would feel even worse tomorrow…..? Flu and flying = BAAAAD combination!

Anyway, in the end Patrik talked me into it and we spent the evening with his family; his sister, her hubby, their son and Patrik’s parents came too. It WAS a lovely evening, although we didn’t hug and held our distance! The evening flew by and soon it was time to order a taxi.


Travelling home the next day was a bit of a challenge. Although, surprisingly I didn’t feel too bad, but when we finally came home around 5 p.m. I was totally knackered!

I managed to unpack my suitcase, showered and went to bed 😴

Luckily, Patrik and I took the 03rd and 04th January also off, since we had actually planned to spend New Year with our friends in Luxembourg! Ha, needless to say that we didn’t go – to everyone’s disappointment of course, including ours!

Now, after more than a week I still feel not 100% good! The cold is better, but I still have this bloody overpressure in my ears, from the flight home! It’s so annoying to be like in a bubble and hear myself in high definition and everything around me is dimmed!

I really hope I feel better soon! 🙄


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Stop the Bloodbath

%d bloggers like this: