May 12 2016
Chickpeas with Chili
- 1 can Chickpeas (cooked)
- 1 pc Onion (sliced into thin onion rings)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 1 pc Chili (chopped)
- 1-2 tbsp Fennel seeds (dried)
- 10 tbsp Olive oil (rather more, the oil shall cover the bottom)
- Heat up the olive oil in a pot
- Add the onion, chili, garlic and fennel seeds and stir until the onion gets soft
- Add the chickpeas and stir until they are warm
May 11 2016
- 8 pcs Mushrooms
- 2 dl White Wine
- 100 g (White) Bread, doesn’t have to be fresh (cut in cubes)
- 3 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 bunches Mixed Herbs, like parsley, basil, oregano…. (fine chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (pressed)
- 50 g Butter, salted (melted)
- Take the stem off the mushrooms and chop them
- Place the mushrooms in an ovenproof dish and add the wine
- Cut the bread in small cubes and roast in olive oil
- Add the chopped stems and fry everything for a few minutes
- Take it off the stove and put the mix in a bowl. Add the finely chopped herbs and press the garlic in. Then comes the butter, blend everything carefully. Season to taste with pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C
- Fill the lovely mix into the mushrooms and and bake the “Fake Escargots” in the middle of the oven, for about 20-25 minutes
May 09 2016
Yesterday I finished my RYA Day-skipper theory by doing the assessment.
Everything went perfect and I passed the course.
As mentioned in an earlier post, I did the course over Internet and my review of an education like this on the net: It’s just perfect, good and fun.
I took my RYA course by www.navathome.com. Who are a RYA recognised Training Centre. I can just recommend them to everyone.
They give you all the support you need and in case you are doing something wrong you receive a reply by E-mail from them within minutes.
When you are doing a good job on the tests you will receive feedback and congratulation.
Later when it’s time for a Yacht master theory course, then I will do it by Navathome again.
Apr 20 2016
We should make a video including some pictures. This to show you a little of our visit at the International Multihull Boat Show in La Grande Motte.
Unfortunately the camera we brought with us did not perform as we wished. We had to use the iPhone to be able to show you at least something.
[kad_youtube url=”https://youtu.be/lf4rGRkOjBI” width=550 height=400 ]
That’s why the quality of the video isn’t the best. Never mind, at least you get a few impressions of our short time in La Grande Motte, France.
We hope you will enjoy it anyway – we did for sure!
Apr 11 2016
It was a wonderful Sunday yesterday for a walk among the wine yards. When friends of us asked if we would like to come along for a walk we could not resist.
The temperature was 18°C so more or less perfect – not to warm and not to cold.
Here are a few pictures how it looks like in the area we live (almost like Tuscany, Italy).
On our walk we stopped at a really nice little restaurant for lunch and some good wine.
Apr 05 2016
As you can see on the pictures I’m working on the theory for the RYA Day Skipper education.
Have so far made all 12 chapter with good result. Are right now just doing a repetition of all. To see what I will need to read and practice more, before the final assessment.
I am doing my day skipper theory online through a company named Navathome.com which I can really recommend.
You receive quick respond from the instructor in case you are doing something wrong.
They do not revel the correct answer but let you know that you should consider your answers again and correct them.
They even give you a feedback when you answer some of the questions really good as well :o)
Mar 23 2016
I am back with a few update about the look of the storm glass barometer at three different weather conditions.
This is how the storm glass barometer looked like when we hade a few days with really excellent weather.
As it still seems to fit the description.
Second picture show how the fluid looks like 24 hours before a gale 10 storm arrived. As you can see the parts in the fluid looks a little feathery. As the description says it should. So the first one is correct.
Third picture are before some light snowfall. It came snow though not really much, just about 5 cm. Anyhow I would say this is as well correct. The fluid should be mostly on top with some stars moving in it.
Here above are two different model for sale on Amazon