Back onboard Luna Azzurra

Then I am back again onboard Luna Azzurra. As we wrote two weeks ago, this trip were needed.

This to finish up a few things before our holiday later this summer:

I drove down Sunday which make life easier on the roads. No trucks allowed in Switzerland. So it took me a little more than 6 hours and then with a stop at the supermarker in Varese to buy food etc.

IMG_9024
IMG_9025
7DB41114-8750-49CA-AE69-435ABA739FBA
A6B7D73B-4C1F-49DF-8D18-10A871A37CCD
IMG_9051
3714FE9C-9597-4591-8945-F8676E711270
IMG_9040
Shadow

Monday I was up early to start with the anchor chain counter. As the sky was totally clear and it should be approx. 32°C. It was better to start early and be finished before lunch. I had to change the sensor itself and install a new magnet on the gipsy on the winch.  This ment to take down the forward wall in the forward cabin.

Over all this went good and with no drama. When everything was correct installed came the time to calibrate the counter. to do this you measure the length of the chain around the gipsy, for us 25cm. Then feed this in to the remote. This done then test and see that it is correct in the real world too. Which is was. 1 point off the list.

Tuesday it was even hotter so I took the opportunity to install the inverter, two sockets so we can charge the epropulsion battery or our computers among other things.  I installed a shunt and a Victron BMV712  instrument this so we can see how much battery power we have left. This job was not that heavy so it fitted good a hot day. In the end everything worked perfect and I was able to charged the epropulsion battery.

IMG_9079
IMG_9082
IMG_9081
IMG_9048
IMG_9047
IMG_9045
IMG_9042
IMG_9044
IMG_9046
Shadow

Wednesday the it was time for engine service. Started early with running the engine and get the old engine oil up in temperature.  Connected the oil extraction pump, which is of a vacuum type. You pump 5 times then it suction out the oil by itself. Installed new oil and fuel filter. Filled up oil again.

Then it was time to change the impeller in the seawater pump. As one bolt was broken I had to organise new bolts, But in the end that was everything which was not good. With everything done it was time to start up the engine again. To see that the water pump working and to check for leaks, oil or water. No leaks detected so we are good to go.

IMG_9063
IMG_9061
IMG_9066
IMG_9084
IMG_9070
IMG_9092
IMG_9057
IMG_9093
Shadow

Thursday was a more easy day, could sleep longer and just take care of some small stuff plus start writing this post and vacuum and clean the boat.

Friday I will leave for home again. Time goes quick when you have fun.

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Stop the Bloodbath

http://stopthebloodbath.afd.org.au/petition

EnglishFrenchGermanItalianSwedish
%d bloggers like this: