- 500 g Kidney beans
- 2-3 tbsp Syrup after taste (the taste shall be a little sweet)
- 1.5 tbsp Spirit vinegar
- corn flour If needed to thicken the finished course
- Clean the beans under running water. Add them with a tbsp of salt in a pot. Fill up water so the water cover the beans. Let stay under water for at least 5 hours (recommended 12 hours or overnight)
- After the 5 - 12 hours remove the water and flush the beans under water.
- Add the beans, 1 tbsp salt and 1.5 liter water in a pot. Heat it up and let it simmer for 1 to 1.5 hours (the depends on the beans). Stir the beans now and then.
- When the beans are soft (Al dente) add 1.5 tbsp spirit vinegar
- When the beans are soft (Al dente) add 2 -3 tbsp syrup
- Stir everything together if you will eat it direct and the brown beans are not tick enough you can add some corn flour. If you plan to eat the beans a day later or freeze it in this would not be needed though the beans will be thicker after a while.