Fish & Chips
- 8 pcs Vegan fish filet ca 330g
- 140 g Flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2.2 dl Beer dark beer to be preferred if you have
- 2 dl Rapeseed oil
- Salt, Pepper
- This is the type of vegan fish filet we used for this recipe. Patrik who eat fish when close to the ocean, was surprised about how good they make this vegan fish with considering of both consistence and smell.
- Mix the flour, baking soda and the salt Add the beer slowly while constantly stirring Batter should be thick enough so that it sticks on fish fillets Let it stand for 20 minutes
- Dry the fish file and add salt, pepper and some flour on both sides.
- Heat up ca 1/2 cm of rapeseed oil in a pan (should be around 175°C) Dipp the fish file in the batter, let them drain so the layer of batter does not become to thick Add three pcs of dipped fish file in the pan (do not add to many because it will cool down the oil)
- When golden brown turn them over and fry them on the other side
- Best served with chips or potato wedges