Italian Tomato Sauce “salsa di pomodoro”
- 1 pc Onion chopped
- 1-2 cloves Garlic chopped
- 3 tbsp Italian spices, dried
- 1 pc Chili chopped, in case you like it hot = “ all'arrabbiata"
- 2-3 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 can Tinned tomatoes or fresh if available
- 1-2 tbsp Tomato purée
- 1 dl Red wine
- Chop the onion, chili and the garlic
- Heat up the olive oil in a pan, when hot add onion and garlic (and chili), let it fry for 2-3 minutes, stir now and then so you don't burn the onion
- Add the red wine and let it simmer for 5 minutes
- Add tomatoes and let it cook for a few minutes
- Add the tomato purée, spices, pepper and salt
- Let it simmer for about 30 minutes on low temperature. FATTO!