A while ago I saw an ad about a British couple on Instagram, who developed – and now produces – a machine, which does plant-based drinks. It’s called Milky Plant 🌱
I loved the idea immediately, since it has loads of benefits. Here are a few:
- No more waste (Tetra Pak)
- No animal cruelty
- You know exactly what it contains
- You can process oat, nuts, rice, hemp, peas, etc. and combine it after your taste
- The remaining pulp can be used for porridge, baking, muesli, whatever…
- You preserve the environment
- For each purchased machine they plant 5 trees and donate 1% for the planet
- And, last but not least, in the end you safe quite a lot of money, by doing your plant-based drink by yourself
It took me a while though, to order one, since it was still new on the market, and I couldn’t find many reviews (except on their website).
However, my curiosity won, and last week I ordered this wonder machine!
It arrived this week with a lot of extras, for example a thanking compostable note from Nadina and Michael, the founders, which contains flower seeds and can be planted in a pot with soil. What a sweet idea 🌷🌼
Understandably, Patrik and I had to test it immediately. See if it is that easy to handle as promised and most importantly, how does that home-made drink taste?
Well, the first try was not exactly what we expected, it looked and tasted a bit watery. We realised that we didn’t use enough oat flakes, so no surprise here. We’re sure it was the right choice to purchase Milky Plant and we look forward to explore its capability!
One huge benefit will be when we’re on the boat. No more exhausting oat-drink chasings when shopping, which then takes up a lot of the storage! Marvellous 😎